Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fox News this week was all about getting to know the VP nominee Sarah Palin. What 5 specific facts do you learn about Gov. Palin that would affect your vote? Be Specific and use opinions based on this weeks show.

8 comments:

Hana said...

5 Main facts I learned about Sara Palin were:
Palin was a former runner-up in the Miss Alaska beauty contest, burst on to the political scene in 2006 by becoming both the first female and youngest governor in Alaskan history at the age of 42 Before entering politics she had a number of unconventional jobs including sports reporter and commercial fisherman
Palin considers herself a born-again conservative Christian. She supports teaching creationism in public, and schools. It also seems like Plain might let her religious belives control her decisions regarding our country and politics.
Palin is also against abortions (even in cases of rape or incest) . I do not support her opnion regarding abortions . Women who choose to go through abortions for different perosnal reasons should have their freedom and the opportunity to do as they wish, plus it seems like Palin's plan against abortion is just her way to run away from the problem instead of facing it, and maybe thinking about finding a plan to decrease unwanted pregnancies.
Palin also does not support same-sex marriages. Gay marriages are not an issue but a decision that ceratin people choose to make, prohobiting their marriages is against what our constitution stands for. Equality and freedom, our ability to use our rights. Therefore, i get the sense that Palin has no idea what are the nation, or the public needs but her own personal needs.
From all the facts that I got to learn about Mrs. Palin, I couldn't find enough reasons for why should I support her goals, and her plans for America. I don't believe she could become a good president, and neither a Vice President. She isn't experienced enough, and her perspectives towards human beings are way too different than mines, and im sure that they are different to other many voters. Gaining new information about her, and her life didn't change my point of view and my believes and my decisions of who should I support.

RiCheLe said...

Re Hana

I agree that Sarah Palin is very alienated from what other people are used to. I know growing up in Las Vegas and attending Valley High school I'm use to seeing a lot of pregnant girls, one parent house hold, gay relationships, and a secular surrounding. It is unimaginable to follow Sarah Palin's view points on some issues. To me she is just an other hard core conservative out of many. Also I found it funny that I know more about Sarah Palin than any other Vice President who ran for office in the past. Sarah Palin this, Sarah Palin that, one way or an other she's not the one running for President John McCain is, but why is the only thing I know about John McCain is the fact that he was a war hero?

Anonymous said...

The five things i learned from Sarah Palins interview include: she believes that president Bush is trying to rid this world "of islamic extremism and terrorists hell bent on destroying our nation." what she also said is that he made some mistakes on the way. second, i learned that she's willing to go to war with Russia if Georgia is invaded and the NATO treaty broken.
The third thing i learned from this interview is that Palin is anti abortion. She made it clear that abortion is unacceptable under any circumstances. Less important things i learned about her are that she was in the basketball team back when she was in highschool and shes accused of having influenced the firing of her brother in law.

Amber said...

re: Hana

Hana, i strongly agree with you especially on the subjects of abortion and same-sex marriages. Yes, having an abortion is considered taking the life of a human being; however, women should have the choice to abort under certain circumstances, such as pregnancy by rape. Again with personal choice, people of the same sex should be allowed to get married to one another if they chose to. They are still normal human beings, therefore, they should be given the same opportunities as everyone else.

Its Aubrei said...

In learning about Governor Palin, I learned just how conservitive she was. I didnt relize just how stricked she was about certain subjects. Like gay marriage. I dont understand why we as a people alinate the homosexual. I think that they should have the right to choose whomever they want to love. It wasnt all that long ago that different races weren't allowed to marry. I just think that gays should be treated as regular people, in every aspect of life. Also I STRONGLY DISAGREE with her on the subject of wheather or not safe sex should be taught in public schools. I think it should. I walk through Valley everyday in I just see some many girls that have "expanding bellies" I feel that if they were more educated then they would feel more confortable protecting themselves. Something that I kind of see eye to eye with Palin, is abortion. I feel that it is a womans choice, but I dont think that its fair the people abuse that right and use abortion as a form of birth control. I think that there should be a limit to the number of times a woman can get one. But in the cases of rape I feel that if she can't handle having the child abortion should be an option. So over all I agree with Hana, and with Amber. Because of all the reasons that i listed above.

Hana said...

Re: Richele Joaquin

I agree with you. I think that this is was the Republican party main idea. Talk about Palin's personal life, and her background so that the nation won't really notice how unknown she is. I think that the reason John McCain's experience at war is always brought up at all speeches is because that this is his strongest card against Obama. This is what makes people question Obama's background and if he loves the nation as much as McCain does. Yet, I don't think that people's decision should be based on that, but on what does the nominee wants to change and how.

Cindy :) said...

Re:Hana

I agree with you and I feel the same about Sarah Palin. I can understand why she might be against abortion under any circumstances and also against same-sex marriage. The reason to this might be because those are the family values that she learned from her parents years ago and maybe it's part of her religion as well. This, however, does not mean that she has the right to now come out and try to change other peoples's beliefs. In my opinion, she has to understand that the world in which we live in today is not the same world in which her or her parents grew up years ago. I respect her beliefs, but I think that if she wants to be the next vice president of America she needs to put a boundry between personal beliefs and political issues.

Anonymous said...

Re: Aubrei

I completely agree with what you wrote. Sarah Palin is way too conservative. We as a nation have come too far to let someone like Palin bring us down. It's ridiculous. We all want progress for our country, since we are going through really bad times. I just dont think she's the right person to help lead us through it.